In 1873, Henry D. Campbell purchased a plot of park property
from the Traverse City fathers and on it constructed the prominent Campbell
Five years later, Campbell sold his business to lumber barons J. Perry Hannah and A. Tracy Lay. The property was upgraded and renamed the Park Place in recognition of its earliest beginnings.
In 1930, the completion of the 10-story tower made the Park Place Hotel Traverse City's tallest building, and its 25,000 watt beacon became symbolic of the Hotels' far reaching hospitality.
The Park Place Hotel tday offers 140 guest rooms, distinctively appointed. Each guest room offers a view of the Grand Traverse Bay or the historic downtown district and comes equipped with a refrigerator, clock radio and remote control cable television.
Park Place Hotel
Park Place Hotel, Traverse City MI
Good Hotels USA Good Hotels USA
Good Hotels Michigan Good Hotels Michigan