The property now occupied by the White Inn, once the exclusive domain of Indians, came into the hands of Dr. Squire White early in the nineteenth century. He was the first medical doctor to settle and practice in Chautauqua county. In 1811 he erected a wood frame house on this site. After a fire destroyed the home, Dr. White's son, Devillo, built a more substantial brick structure in 1868. The University Room and its foyer, as well as several rooms on the second and third floors, are part of the original 1868 structure. The simple wrought iron fence surrounding the property also dates from this period.
The White Inn
52 East Main St.
Fredonia, NY 14063
White Inn, Freedonia NY
Good Hotels USA Good Hotels USA
Good Hotels New York Good Hotels New York